A guest episode with nonfiction author Kac Young in which we talk wildfires, angry men, and the healing power of crystals. Kac talks about channeling artistic energy and overcoming writer’s block. She delves into using crystals and how they can help with intention and mindfulness. We also chat about setting aside the ego, going into a project open to learning new things, and the essentials of setting out to write a book.
Welcome to Read.Write.Repeat.
September’s giveaway is Kelsey’s favorite recent read, Her Body and Other Parties, by Carmen Maria Machado. Find out how to enter at the end of the show notes.
Listeners weigh in:
Share your inspirations. What beauty do you connect with when you write or get creative?
Let us know in the comments section below, or by tagging us on social media! Your response might be featured in an upcoming show and you will be entered into our monthly giveaway!
Books, quirks, and intrigues, oh my!
- Kac talks about what inspired her book, The Art of Healing with Crystals, and the role writing plays in her life.
- She talks about artists and the connection with nature.
- She talks about the role crystals play in her writing and in life in general
- We chat about the healing power of crystals
- The Book of Stones By Robert Simmons & Naisha Ahsians
- General Hospital versus nonfiction
- We talk about distancing ourselves from some aspect of our personality when engaging in an artistic process.
- We talk practices for getting over writer’s block
- Finding a crystal
- Questioning the crystal
- Check out Kac’s answers to the Proustish Questionnaire
- Read more about Kac
Connect and Win!!
That brings us to the end of yet another read.write.repeat episode! We have to give a big shout out to this month’s guests, Kac Young, Mark Engels, and David Michael Williams, and always, a huge thanks to Mike Fraedrich for our intro music. You can find links to all of these lovely people in our show notes.
Listeners, thanks so much for giving us your time. We’d love to hear from you and doing so enters you in our monthly giveaway.
September’s giveaway is Kelsey’s favorite recent read, Her Body and Other Parties, by Carmen Maria Machado. To enter, simply follow us and tag us in a bookish photo or comment on Instagram (@readwriterepeat_podcast), Twitter (@therwrpodcast), or Facebook (@readwriterepeatpod), or leave us a comment on our show notes or one of our posts on any of our social media platforms! A winner will be drawn at random in October.
If anything sparked an idea for you, or you have thoughts about what we should discuss next, Let us know. You can find ways to connect with us on our website, www.readwriterepeatpod.com.
Connect with us:
Thanks for listening to Read.Write.Repeat! Talk with you next time!