A guest episode in which we chat with author Elizabeth Fournier about her book, The Green Burial Guidebook. Listen in as Elizabeth talks about writing memoir and nonfiction, working with her agent, and what she sacrificed to write. Elizabeth also chats about green burials, the details of her book, and so much more. We end with a question and answer with a live audience. You don’t want to miss this!
Welcome to Read.Write.Repeat.
July’s giveaway is the short story collection, Magic for Beginners, by Kelly Link. We explain more about how the giveaway works toward the end of the show notes.
Books, quirks, and intrigues, oh my!
- The challenges of writing (IE what you give up).
- Writing takes so many versions!
- Lit proposals
- Late night blog post rants
- The Green Reaper
- Rescue farms
- Your only one person!
- What it’s like being on a book tour.
- There’s all shades of green.
- Elizabeth Kubler-Ross
- Grave Matters by Mark Harris
- Greening Death by Suzanne Kelly
- How to advocate for something you are passionate about
- What goes into a new edition of a book
- Advice on moving forward with a new project
- How the process of writing a memoir differs from the process of writing a nonfiction book.
- Elizabeth’s full question and answer session can be heard here.
Connect and Win!!
- That brings us to the end of yet another read.write.repeat episode! We have to give a big shout out to this month’s guests, Odysseus Yacalis and Elizabeth Fournier, and always, a huge thanks to Mike Fraedrich for out intro music. You can find links to all of these lovely people in our show notes.
- Listeners, thanks so much for giving us your time. We’d love to hear from you and doing so enters you in our monthly giveaway.
- July’s giveaway is the short story collection, Magic for Beginners, by Kelly Link. To enter, simply follow us and tag us in a bookish photo or comment on Instagram (@readwriterepeat_podcast), Twitter (@therwrpodcast), or Facebook (@readwriterepeatpod), or leave us a comment on our show notes or one of our posts on any of our social media platforms! A winner will be drawn at random in August.
- If you love us, be sure to rate us and leave a review on iTunes, SoundCloud, or your preferred listening platform!
- If anything sparked an idea for you, or you have thoughts about what we should discuss next, Let us know. You can find ways to connect with us on our website, www.readwriterepeatpod.com.
- Don’t forget to check out all the links and bookish goodness in our show notes.
- Until next time, may your life be overflowing with all the books.
Connect with us:
Thanks for listening to Read.Write.Repeat! Talk with you next time!