A 15-minute bonus episode in which Kaisha obsesses over the booker longlist and discusses her reading strategy for this overambitious goal with the determination of Napoleon riding into battle, her marriage bookshelf as a portrait of the state of her marriage, and the importance of reading books outside of her normal reading patterns.
Welcome to Read Write Repeat.
This month we will be giving away a copy of The Queen of Blood by Sarah Beth Durst and a bunch of adorable succulent bookmarks – we explain how to enter toward the end of the show notes. You can find other Giveaways on the giveaways tab and in the Give us a Shout tab. Be sure to check those out. We ship worldwide, so don’t hesitate to enter our giveaway.
The 2017 Man Booker prize longlist
- 4321 by Paul Auster (Faber & Faber)
- Days Without End by Sebastian Barry (Faber & Faber)
- History of Wolves by Emily Fridlund (Weidenfeld & Nicolson, Orion Books)
- Exit West by Mohsin Hamid (Hamish Hamilton, Penguin Random House)
- Solar Bones by Mike McCormack (Canongate)
- Reservoir 13 by Jon McGregor (4th Estate, HarperCollins)
- Elmet by Fiona Mozley (JM Originals, John Murray)
- The Ministry of Utmost Happiness by Arundhati Roy (Hamish Hamilton, Penguin Random House)
- Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders (Bloomsbury)
- Home Fire by Kamila Shamsie (Bloomsbury)
- Autumn by Ali Smith (Hamish Hamilton, Penguin Random House)
- Swing Time by Zadie Smith (Hamish Hamilton, Penguin Random House)
- The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead (Fleet, Little, Brown)
The Booker Prize has its own podcast. Check it out! I know what Kaisha will be listening to for the next couple of months!
Listeners weigh in:
Do you read any of the Booker books?
What are your over-ambitious reading goals?
How do you tackle your to-be-read lists?
Let us know in the comments section below, or by tagging us on social media! Your response might be featured in an upcoming show!
Connect and Win!!
- Don’t forget to enter our giveaway for July. This month we will be giving away The Queen of Blood by Sarah Beth Durst and some adorable succulent bookmarks! To enter, rate us and leave a review on Itunes, and then go to the giveaway tab on our website and let us know how to get in touch with you if you win. A winner will be drawn at random on July first.
- If anything sparked an idea for you, or you have thoughts or ideas about what we should discuss next. Let us know. Fill out our survey for a chance to win cool prizes!
Connect with us:
Thanks for listening to Read.Write.Repeat! Talk with you next time!