A guest episode in which Kelsey chats with author C.E. Clayton. Come along as we discuss what it’s like crafting characters that inhabit drastically different genres. We complain about author typecasting and chat about how to avoid that pitfall. We talk about creating characters that are both relatable and products of their world. We revel in Angelfall by Susan Ee and get caught up in all manner of bookish topics. You can find full show notes on www.readwriterepeatpod.com.
Welcome to Read.Write.Repeat.
Listeners weigh in:
- What are your favorite and least favorite fantasy tropes?
- Do you have any character name pet peeves?
Let us know in the comments section below, or by tagging us on social media! Your response might be featured in an upcoming show and you will be entered into our monthly giveaway!
Books, quirks, and intrigues, oh my!
- Positive Trait Thesaurus
- Negative Trait Thesaurus
- Website for weekly and monthly giveaways, + exclusive members only section with first look items available to newsletter subscribers
- Blog on imposter syndrome
- Overly Sarcastic productions
- How I name my characters and their worlds
- We read Angelfall by Susan Ee
- One of Kelsey’s favorite lines from the book: “I never thought about it before, but I’m proud to be human. We’re ever so flawed. We’re frail, confused, violent, and we struggle with so many issues. But all in all, I’m proud to be a Daughter of Man.”
Can’t get enough of C.E. Clayton? Learn more about her in Bios and Bookshelves, check out her answers to our Proustish Questionnaire, and peruse her website!
Connect and Win!!
That brings us to the end of yet another read.write.repeat episode! We have to give a big shout out to this month’s guests, and always, a huge thanks to Mike Fraedrich for out intro music. You can find links to all of these lovely people in our show notes.
Listeners, thanks so much for giving us your time. We’d love to hear from you and doing so enters you in our monthly giveaway.
We put together a quarterly goody box to show our listeners how much we appreciate them. Interact with us and be entered to win the goody box. To enter, simply follow us and tag us in a bookish photo or comment on Instagram (@readwriterepeat_podcast), Twitter (@therwrpodcast), or Facebook (@readwriterepeatpod), or leave us a comment on our show notes or one of our posts on any of our social media platforms! A winner will be drawn at random at the beginning of November, February, May, and August.
If anything sparked an idea for you, or you have thoughts about what we should discuss next, Let us know. You can find ways to connect with us on our website, www.readwriterepeatpod.com.
Connect with us:
Thanks for listening to Read.Write.Repeat! Talk with you next time!