A tangent episode in which Kaisha, Kelsey, and Dylan delve into more bitter winter reads. Language warning: we’ve been known to drop the occasional f-bomb. Sick of the snow? Going stir crazy? Then this is the episode for you. Not only do we list some of our favorite blizzard reads, but Dylan dishes about his favorite post apocalyptic read: if you think people suck now, just wait until society collapses. We put forth an argument for reading Kafka and answer that age old question: does anyone get Kafka? Kelsey brings up a Stephen King dilema. Kaisha talks about laughing at the misery of others and so much more.
Welcome to Read.Write.Repeat.
We are looking through feedback through our listener survey. Taking the survey enters you in our monthly giveaway! Find out more about the giveaway and how to enter at the end of the show notes.
Listeners weigh in:
Don’t forget to send us your prompt responses!
Let us know in the comments section below, or by tagging us on social media! Your response might be featured in an upcoming show and you will be entered into our monthly giveaway!
Books, quirks, and intrigues, oh my!
- Lazy worldbuilding
- Dreamcatchers by Stephen King
- Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
- Burial Rites by Hannah Kent
- The Castle by Kafka
- Enormous Changes at the Last Minute by Grace Paley
- The Trial by Kafka
- Vladimir Nabokov
- High Fidelity by Nick Hornby
- The Road by Cormac McCarthy
- Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
- Bleaker House by Nell Stevens
- Emily Carr
- A Farewell to Arms by Hemingway
- Islands in the Stream by Hemingway
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
- Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
- Dracula by Bram Stoker
- Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
- The Beautiful and Damned by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- In the Kingdom of Ice: The Grand and Terrible Polar Voyage of the USS Jeannette by Hampton Sides
- The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman
- Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh
- The Secret History by Donna Tartt
- The Shackelton Expedition
- The Terror by Dan Simmons
- Sir Gawain and the Green Knight
- “38” by Layli Long Soldier
- “To Build a Fire” by Jack London
Connect and Win!!
That brings us to the end of yet another read.write.repeat episode! We have to give a big shout out to Mike Fraedrich for out intro music. You can find links to him in our show notes.
Listeners, thanks so much for giving us your time. We’d love to hear from you and doing so enters you in our monthly giveaway. For January, February, and March, we are looking through feedback through our listener survey. Taking the survey enters you in our monthly giveaway!
You can check out the details of each month’s giveaway on our website. A winner is drawn at random toward the beginning of each month!
Don’t forget to follow us and tag us in a bookish photo or comment on Instagram (@readwriterepeat_podcast), Twitter (@therwrpodcast), or Facebook (@readwriterepeatpod), or leave us a comment on our show notes or one of our posts on any of our social media platforms!
If anything sparked an idea for you, or you have thoughts about what we should discuss next, Let us know. You can find ways to connect with us on our website, www.readwriterepeatpod.com.
Don’t forget to check out all the links and bookish goodness in our show notes.
Until next time, may your life be overflowing with all the books.
Connect with us:
Thanks for listening to Read.Write.Repeat! Talk with you next time!